Little Black [fill in the blank]
Yes, this is a design blog. But I can't pass up the opportunity to discuss my exposure to the spectacle of New York Fashion Week, courtesy of Brizo. One of the delights of attending Brizo's New York Fashion Week Event, in addition to learning all about faucets, was attending the debut of Jason Wu's Spring 2013 Collection and sharing the experience afterward at a private party hosted by Brizo. I should also mention that in the course of the event was Fashion Night Out. More delight!
Early in its evolution as fashion for the home, Brizo aligned with then up-and-coming fashion designer, Jason Wu. Wu catapulted to fame when First Lady Michelle Obama wore his design as her Inaugural Ball gown. Brizo's collaboration with Jason Wu has been symbiotic: Brizo sponsors Wu's Fall and Spring Fashion Shows and Wu has collaborated with Brizo to create the Jason Wu for Brizo powder room suite. To hear Wu tell the story of how the faucet came to be, all you need to know is that it had to be black. Wu just wanted the "little black dress" of faucets.
With Jason Wu as my inspiration, I'm putting together my list of little black somethings I covet from New York Fashion Week.
1. The Jason Wu For Brizo Odin faucet
2. A little Christian Louboutin studded black shoe
3. This little Jason Wu low-heeled sling back black polka-dot pump
4. This little black dress from the Jason Wu Spring 2013 Collection (photography by Jaymie Thornton) (This is MY dress from the collection.)
5. While I'm at it, I'll also take this little black leather skirt from the collection (photography by Jaymie Thornton)