When it comes to lighting fixtures, the one that is the most prevalent but also the most uninteresting is the lowly flush mount or ceiling mount. I can't tell you how many times I've had to recommend this type of fixture. But because of the application -- a closet, a child's room, a low-ceilinged foyer or whatever -- I've found few things of any real eye appeal. If you have a space with a conventional 7-foot 6-inch ceiling height, it's just hard to find something that is sexy and short. (The same may be true about men!) So when I do find something workable and attractive, I'm not likely to forget it.
Here are some flush mounts that I keep in my 'little black book.' But at least I'll share their numbers.
1. Arteriors Laura Kirrar Collection Optic 2L Cast Brass/Glass Pendant
2. Worlds Away Croc Pattern Capiz Shell Flush Mount
3. Artemide Logico Micro Ceiling Mount
4. Corbett Lighting Nirvan Bombay Brass 2 Light Flush Mount
5. Robert Abbey Mary McDonald Directoire Light Flush Mount